How to make a DIY wedding cake topper
Table of Contents
When you are planning your wedding, it is important to find a cake topper that matches your style and personality. A DIY wedding cake topper can be the perfect way to add a personal touch to your big day. With a few simple steps, you can create a one-of-a-kind cake topper that will make your wedding cake stand out.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to make your cake topper:
-You want a unique cake topper that no one else will have.
-You want to save money on your wedding cake budget.
-You want to add a personal touch to your wedding cake.
Making a DIY cake topper
If you are looking for a unique cake topper, consider making a DIY template. You can use cardboard to trace the shapes of the cake topper and then cut them out. Once you have the shapes cut out, you can paint or decorate them as desired. You can also add a dowel rod to the bottom of the cake topper so that it can be placed on top of the cake.
Here is a step-by-step guide on How to Make a DIY wedding cake topper:
1. Choose the materials you will need:
-Paint or other decorations
2. Trace the shapes of the cake topper onto the cardboard. For example, if you want a heart shape, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter or draw a heart freehand onto the cardboard.
3. Cut out the shapes from the cardboard.
4. Paint or decorate the cake topper as desired. You can use whatever colors or designs you want.
5. Let everything dry completely before moving on to the next step.
6. Glue the dowel rods into the cake topper. This will be what holds your cake topper onto the cake itself.
7. Place the cake topper on top of the cake. Make sure it is securely in place before serving.
There you have it! A simple guide on how to make a DIY wedding cake topper. With just a few supplies and a little bit of time, you can create a unique and personal cake topper for your special day.
How do I make a DIY wedding cake topper?
You can make a DIY wedding cake topper by tracing the shapes of the cake topper onto cardboard and then cutting them out. You can then paint or decorate the cake topper as desired. Once everything is dry, you can glue dowel rods into the cake topper so that it can be placed on top of the cake.
What materials do I need to make a DIY wedding cake topper?
To make a DIY wedding cake topper, you will need cardboard, scissors, paint or other decorations, glue, and dowel rods.
Can I use any shape for my DIY wedding cake topper?
Yes, you can use any shape for your DIY wedding cake topper. Some popular shapes include hearts, stars, and flowers.
How do I attach my DIY wedding cake topper to the cake?
You can attach your DIY wedding cake topper to the cake by gluing dowel rods into the cake topper. Once the dowel rods are in place, you can then place the cake topper on top of the cake.