10 honeymoon destinations in the USA that are off the beaten path
Table of Contents
It can be hard to think of honeymoon ideas when you live in the U.S., as there are so many beautiful options. For those who are looking for a destination that’s off the beaten path and full of scenic beauty, we’ve rounded up 10 destinations in the United States that will make your honeymoon unforgettable.
Acadia National Park, Maine
The Acadia National Park is one of the most beautiful places in the country and perfect for a honeymoon. The park is located on Mount Desert Island in Maine and offers stunning views of the Atlantic coastline. There are plenty of activities to keep couples busy, including hiking, biking, and kayaking. The park also has a number of romantic inns and bed and breakfasts, making it the perfect place to relax and enjoy each other’s company.
While the Acadia National Park is a popular destination, there are still plenty of things to do off the beaten path. One of the best ways to explore the park is by hiking the trails that wind through the forests and along the coastline. There are also a number of scenic drives that offer beautiful views of the park. Couples can also rent a kayak or canoe and explore the waterways. For a truly romantic experience, couples can book a room at one of the inns or bed and breakfasts located in the park.
With its stunning views of the Atlantic coastline, the Acadia National Park is a perfect place to honeymoon in the USA.
The Grand Canyon, Arizona
The Grand Canyon is one of the most popular destinations in the United States for a reason: its jaw-dropping beauty is unlike anything else on Earth. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing retreat or an adventure-filled trip, the Grand Canyon has something for everyone. Hiking and rafting are some of the most popular activities at the Grand Canyon, but there are also plenty of off-the-beaten-path options for couples looking for a unique honeymoon experience. Here are 10 of the best:
1. Take a scenic helicopter ride: A helicopter tour is the perfect way to see the Grand Canyon in all its glory. There are many companies that offer tours, and you can even add on extras like a champagne toast or a landing at the bottom of the canyon.
2. Go stargazing: The Grand Canyon is one of the best places in the world for stargazing. Head to Mather Point or Bright Angel Lodge for some of the best views. If you’re lucky, you might even be able to see the Milky Way.
3. Visit the North Rim: The North Rim is much less crowded than the South Rim, and it offers some amazing views of the canyon. It’s also a great place for hiking and camping.
4. Take a hike: There are plenty of trails to choose from at the Grand Canyon, so you can find the perfect one for your level of fitness and experience. Hiking is a great way to see the canyon from a different perspective and to get up close and personal with the natural wonders of the area.
5. Ride a mule: If you’re not up for hiking, consider riding a mule down into the canyon. It’s a unique way to see the sights, and you don’t have to worry about getting tired out from walking.
6. Go river rafting: The Colorado River runs through the Grand Canyon, and there are plenty of companies that offer river rafting trips. It’s a great way to cool off in the summer heat and to get an up-close look at the canyon walls.
7. Take a scenic drive: If you’re not up for any strenuous activity, consider taking a scenic drive along one of the many roads that wind through the Grand Canyon. There are plenty of pull-offs where you can stop and enjoy the views.
8. Visit the ruins: The Grand Canyon is home to a number of ancient Native American ruins, which are well worth exploring.
9. See the sunrise or sunset: Watching the sunrise or set over the Grand Canyon is an unforgettable experience. Make sure to plan your trip so you can watch one of these spectacles.
10. Go camping: If you want to really get away from it all, camping in the Grand Canyon is the perfect option. There are plenty of campgrounds to choose from, and you can even hike to some remote spots for a real wilderness experience.
Bar Harbor, Maine
The charming town of Bar Harbor, Maine is a perfect place to honeymoon. Located on Mount Desert Island, the town is surrounded by pristine forests and stunning coastal scenery. There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy in Bar Harbor, including hiking, biking, kayaking, and sailing. And if you’re looking for a bit of relaxation, the town’s many spas are the perfect place to unwind.
If you’re looking for a honeymoon destination that’s off the beaten path, Bar Harbor is a great choice. With its beautiful scenery and abundance of outdoor activities, you’ll fall in love with this charming town. You can find plenty of things to do off the beaten path, ensuring that your honeymoon is truly unique and unforgettable.
Here are 5 activities you can do while at Bar Harbor, Maine:
1. Take a hike on Cadillac Mountain.
2. Go for a bike ride on the carriage roads.
3. Kayak around Frenchman Bay.
4. Sail around the harbor.
5. Relax at one of the town’s many spas.
Asheville, North Carolina
Asheville, North Carolina is one of the most charming and beautiful places in the United States. It’s located in the Blue Ridge Mountains and is full of stunning scenery and outdoor activities. Here are some of the things you can do while in Asheville:
1. Hike to Mount Mitchell or Linville Gorge
2. Explore Biltmore Estate
3. Take a scenic drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway
4. Visit the Asheville Art Museum
5. Taste local beer at one of Asheville’s many breweries
6. Shop in the Historic Biltmore Village
7. Go tubing or whitewater rafting on the French Broad River
8. Attend a music festival
9. Take a scenic train ride
10. Go stargazing at the Asheville Observatory
Big Sur, California
If you’re looking for an unforgettable honeymoon destination, look no further than Big Sur, California. With its dramatic coastline and pristine forests, Big Sur is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. And thanks to its remote location, it’s also one of the most secluded. You and your partner can spend days exploring the area’s many hiking trails, swimming in the Pacific Ocean, and enjoying romantic sunset dinners. Just be sure to leave plenty of time for simply relaxing in each other’s company!
While at Big Sur you can also enjoy some fun activities that are off the beaten path. Consider renting a kayak or stand-up paddleboard and exploring the coastline from the water. Or take a drive on the winding roads of Big Sur to see some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. No matter what you choose to do, you’re sure to fall in love with this magical corner of California.
Hawaii is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in the world for good reason. With its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and active volcanoes, Hawaii offers something for everyone. And with dozens of islands to choose from, you can find a spot that’s perfect for your needs. Whether you’re looking for a quiet and secluded beach or an adventure-filled trip, Hawaii has you covered.
One of the best things about honeymooning in Hawaii is that there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. If you’re looking for a relaxing escape, enjoy a day of snorkeling or swimming in the clear blue waters. Or take a hike through a rainforest to see some of the island’s incredible wildlife. If you’re feeling adventurous, go for a hike up a volcano or zip-line through the jungle. No matter what you choose to do, you’re sure to have an unforgettable time in Hawaii.
Glacier National Park, Montana
There’s no place like Glacier National Park for a honeymoon destination. With its towering mountains and pristine glaciers, the park is a paradise for nature lovers. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy while in the park, from hiking and fishing to kayaking and mountain biking. And with so much wilderness to explore, you’ll feel like you’re miles away from civilization.
If you’re looking for a honeymoon destination that’s off the beaten path, Glacier National Park is a great choice. You’ll be able to enjoy all the beauty and tranquility of nature while getting away from the crowds.
– mountain biking
– horseback riding
– bird watching
– star gazing
Glacier National Park for honeymooners to enjoy its towering mountains and pristine glaciers. The Park offers many activities to keep busy, including fishing, kayaking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. There is also plenty of wilderness to explore for couples who love nature.
Zion National Park, Utah
For a honeymoon that combines the best of both worlds, Zion National Park is the perfect destination. This world-famous park is known for its awe-inspiring red rock formations and river canyons. Visitors can enjoy a wide variety of activities here, including hiking, biking, and rafting. There are also plenty of places to relax and take in the natural beauty of the park.
Hiking and biking are both popular activities, as are rafting and kayaking on the Virgin River. There are also plenty of opportunities for visitors to relax and take in the views. Whether you’re looking for an adventure-filled honeymoon or a relaxing getaway, Zion National Park is sure to please.
The Outer Banks, North Carolina
If you’re looking for a secluded honeymoon destination that’s still close to home, The Outer Banks of North Carolina should be at the top of your list. This string of barrier islands offers stunning beaches, quiet coves and romantic seaside towns. You can charter a boat for a day of fishing or sailing, or explore the miles of hiking and biking trails that wind through the maritime forests. And if you’re looking for a little nightlife, The Outer Banks has plenty of options, from laid-back pubs to trendy wine bars.
Here is a list of popular activities couples can do on their honeymoon while at the Outer Banks of North Carolina
– Take a romantic stroll on the beach
– Charter a boat for a day of fishing or sailing
– Explore the miles of hiking and biking trails
– Enjoy some nightlife at one of the local pubs or wine bars
-Visit the Wright Brothers National Memorial to learn about the history of aviation
– Take a drive down the scenic Cape Hatteras National Seashore
– Relax at one of the many spas or resorts in the area
– Play a round of golf at one of the Outer Banks’ championship courses
– Visit Jockey’s Ridge State Park to see the largest sand dune on the East Coast
– Take a ferry ride to Ocracoke Island to explore its quaint shops and restaurants
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina is a great place to honeymoon because it offers a variety of activities and attractions. The island is home to a number of championship golf courses, as well as tennis courts, bike paths, and gorgeous beaches. There are also plenty of excellent restaurants and nightlife venues to enjoy. Plus, the island is surrounded by stunning natural beauty, making it the perfect place to relax and connect with your loved one. While at Hilton Head Island you can also visit the nearby Savannah, Georgia, a charming city full of history and Southern charm.
The Harbour Town Lighthouse and Museum is a wonderful place to learn about the island’s history and culture.
For those looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, there are plenty of places in America that offer a romantic escape. Whether you’re seeking an adventure-filled honeymoon or something more relaxing, these destinations should help inspire your future travel plans. The Outer Banks offers beaches and coves for exploring while Hilton Head Island is perfect for golf and tennis lovers. Zion National Park is ideal for those who want to hike and bike while surrounded by natural beauty and Acadia National Park provides the perfect opportunity to experience stunning views of the night sky. No matter what your preference, there’s sure to be a destination in the United States that’s perfect for you and your new spouse.
So, whether you’re looking for a secluded beach to relax on or an adventure-filled getaway, the USA has something for everyone when it comes to honeymoons. If you’re still trying to decide on a destination, our list of 10 off-the-beaten-path honeymoon destinations should help inspire you. Have fun planning your perfect trip!